Wednesday, October 15, 2008

When It Rains It Pours


OK so this did not happen to my car last week to yesterday, but it sure felt like it. I start with last week.

Thursday - I take my car to get it's annual inspection and an oil change. The guy informs me I need my two front tires changed. I'm skeptical at first, but find that the front two are in fact very worn out, the left one being down to the metal wiring of the tire. I get pretty paranoid that my tire will blowout and I will die. I then change my plans for the weekend to drive my car to my parents place and take my dads car for the 4 hour drive.

Saturday - I wake up at 7am and proceed down to my car. As I walk up to it, dreary eyed, I notice a hole in my roof. Let me repeat that: I walk up to my car and see a FUCKING ripped hole in the passenger side of the front. Some asshole took a knife and sliced through my roof. He then proceeded to go through my napkins apparently, might have taken my aviators, some pens, and THATS IT. He missed the EZPass in my glove compartment, my quarters, CDs, iphone charger. I mean, thank God he missed them, but cutting through my roof for that?? WHAT THE FUCK!!!

Tuesday - I am coming home from dinner with my taped roof and I get stopped at a po-po checkpoint. I am informed that because my front headlight is out, I will be getting a summons which requires me to immediately to get it changed in order not to pay the fine. He then takes 20 minutes to fill out 10 lines of basic information. Maybe cops are not the brightest spots in the gene pool? Fuck the police.

Today - I GOT IN THE ZONE! AUTOZONE! I took my car to Autozone to get a new headlight. Some dude who shadily worked there checked out my car and I turned on my lights for him and all of them worked! So he played around for a bit and decided it was a short circuit issue. I decided to pay him 20 bucks for the info which I know regret because I think I totally unjewed him (i.e. paid him way too much). Afterwards I took my car to the 42nd precinct in the Bronx and got a cop to fill out a form saying my headlight was OK. Later, it went out again.