Wednesday, July 30, 2008

...?

What a dumb fucking advertisement.

I remember I saw this last year. Immediately I thought, "Wow, only 1,944?" Then I did some research. "Research" means I went on Wikipedia and searched "nyc subway." What I discovered is what I thought all along. The yearly ridership for the MTA is about 1.45 billion. BILLION. That's 1,450,000,000. So out of those BILLION people, only 1,944 saw something and said something. Now I'm no math teacher(oh wait...), but that comes out to a mind-blowing (get ready for this)

0.0001 % of all riders

My calculator couldn't even handle that low of a number. Why the hell would the MTA advertise this?? It's embarassing.

Anyway, anytime I see it I get pissed off. I will now leave you with some awesomeness I found on Google images when searching for the above pic. This makes me feel better.

No comments: