Friday, September 11, 2009

9/11 - 8 years later...

It's here again. The day that annually brings up a mixture of sadness, sickness and reflection. It's been 8 years since that day which is in itself unbelievable (time flys!). I always take 9/11 to think back on where I was when it all went down. But I also develop new thoughts as time goes by. Here are my more recent ones:

-It's been 8 years. Why the hell hasn't anything been built yet? I really think that is a disgrace and it greatly upsets me.

-I dabbed a good amount in investigating 9/11 conspiracy theories. Does that make me the Democratic equivalent of a Republican "birther?"

-I don't think terrosism is as big an issue as it has been made out to be. Obviously not taking anything away from 9/11 and its tragedy, but I think that if the terror threat was really as severe as people say then there would be a lot more instances of terrorism. Think about how easy it would be to take a bomb onto a train or a bus! Yes the planes are protected heavily, but Amtrak never scans bags; the MTA never scans bags. It seems like the US only implements security measures after the fact - like taking off your damn shoes in the airport.

-We are still fighting two wars because of 9/11. Has it all been worth it? Have all the lives we've lost been worth it? Are we really safer than before?


No comments: