Monday, June 9, 2008

C3!



Pretty excited for tomorrow's release of Weezy's highly anticipated "Tha Carter III." I've held off on downloading the CD early. Here are some thoughts on the tracks I've already heard.

1. "Got Money" featuring T-Pain is growing on me rapidly. When I first heard it I thought it was garbage. Today it is my go-to track.

2. The Lollipop remix, although not on the album, has given me my go-to verse of the moment. I am thinking about sharing it and having a little lesson on it with my kids:

Safe sex is great sex
Better wear a latex
Cuz you dont want that late text
that "I think I'm late" text


3. Amilli or I'm illi?: OK, so first off, I assumed the song was called "Amilli" as in short for "a million." That's was during the original version with Cory Gunz. Then when the album version came out with just Wayne, I still thought it was "Amilli." Then my friend Jon James emailed me and told me "I'm illi" was his favorite track. I immediately retorted and stated that it was called "Amilli" and felt good about myself because he's the one who usually knows more hip hop things. Then after countless listens I got to thinking that maybe it is "I'm illi." That's due mainly to the fact that Wayne keeps saying "I'm ill" and then finishes of his last verse by saying "I'm illi." What do you think?

4. Who's better, Mr. Carter or Mr. Carter?: So who killed who in that song? I mean Jay's verse was pretty good but he only had one. I liked Wayne's first verse but the last one was weird. Regardless I think the song is great.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

2 comments:

getlowe said...

The Lollipop remix is some ridiculous shit. I like that Kanye is using the T-Pain machine. It's clear to me that Lil Wayne was on some kind of crack/cocaine high while recording this. That latex/late text line is just about genius.

getlowe said...

P.S. Here's the review of the album in today's Times, if you're interested.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/10/arts/music/10wayn.html?_r=1&oref=slogin