Sunday, November 11, 2007

American Gangster, Revisited

"The gangster is not defined by how many rocks are in your watch, but more, how many rocks you move while on your watch..."



After having Jay-Z's "American Gangster" on constant repeat in my car for the past 2 weeks, I have developed my share of favorite phrases/lyrics/verses. Here they are in no particular order:

"Fast forward, freeze frame on my pistol, fistful of dollars
Ignorance is so blissful..." - Pray

"But your use-to's has-beens
Ragging bad 'bout all the new dudes
Talking tough on the Youtube
Bout what you use to do
But that's old school to the new crew
They doin' numbers like Sudoku..." - Fallin'

"I missed the part when it stopped bein 'bout Imus
What do my lyrics got to do with this shit!
"Scarface" the movie did more than Scarface the rapper to me
So that ain't to blame for all the shit that's happened to me
Are you sayin what I'm spittin
Is worse than these celebrataunts showin they kittin, you kiddin!
Let's stop the bullshittin
'Til we all without sin, let's quit the pulpittin..." - Ignorant Shit

"You're now in a game where only time can tell
Survive the droughts, I wish you well - hold up
Survive the droughts? I wish you well?
How sick am I? I wish you health
I wish you wheels, I wish you wealth
I wish you insight so you could see for yourself...' - American Dreamin

"This is not for commercial usage
Please don't categorize this as music
Please don't compare me to other rappers
Compare me to trappers, I'm more Frank Lucas than Ludacris
And Luda's my dude, I ain't trying to diss
Like Frank Lucas is cool, but I ain't trying to snitch..." - No Hook
"And if Al Sharpton is speakin for me
Somebody, give him the word and tell him I don't approve
Tell him I remove the curses
If you tell me our schools gon' be perfect
When Jena Six don't exist
Tell him that's when I'll stop sayin bitch, BEEEITCH~!..." - Say Hello

"They say its celestial, its all in the stars
Like Tony LaRussa on how you play your Cards..." - American Dreamin

No comments: