Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Phristless

"I ain't here to argue about his facial features
Or here to convert atheists into believers
I'm just trying to say the way school need teachers
The way Kathie Lee needed Regis that's the way I need Jesus..." - KW

I usually do not like to talk at length about word-for-word experiences in school because I think it romanticizes things and too many TFA people do it, but...

Direct Transcript from today, 5th period, about 12:05 PM with class 801.

Me: "So, the Pythagorean Theorem... what happened was this guy named Pythagoras came up with it in about 500 BC..."

(writing 500 BC on the board)

Me: "Does anyone know what 500 BC means?"

Several students: "Before Christ!!"

Me: "Good! Now..."

Zarnay: "Before Christ? But Christ is always with us!"

-
I almost lost it.



No comments: