1. NBA: Linsanity will continue to sweep the nation as Melo returns and gels perfectly with Jeremy. The two will lead the Knicks to a number 3 seed in the East, finishing an improbably, strike-shortened season with a 41-25 record. They will steamroll through the playoffs, taking out the Pacers, Bulls and Heat along the way. In the finals, they will face the old-ass Spurs in a rematch of the 99 Finals, except this time, the Knicks will prevail 4 games to 2 to win their first championship in close to 40 years!
2. NHL: The Rangers will continue their monster run, finishing the season as the number 1 seed in the East with a 55-20-7. They will also, like the Knicks, steamroll through the playoffs, facing Toronto, Pittsburgh and Boston along the way. They will meet the red hot Detroit in the Stanley Cup finals and... will beat them in 7 games to hoist their first Cup since 1994!
3. MLB: The New York Yankees will start the season with a monster pitching rotation, now that Alan James is finally gone. They will again finish the season in first place, edging out the Red Sux by 2 games. In the playoffs, they will face the Rangers in the Divisional Round, beating them 3 games to 1. In the ALCS, they will face the Red Sox and finish them off 4 games to 2. In the World Series, they will again face the Phillies and... will beat them in 7 games to win their 27th world championship!! CC will finish 22-10 with a 3.02 ERA. Ivan Nova will finish 16-6 with a 2.85ERA. Phil Hughes will bounce back as the 5th starter and will finish 15-9 with a 3.34 ERA. Jeter will have ANOTHER solid season, batting .294 with 10HRs and 85RBI. A-Rod will only miss 10 games and will have a monster season: .310/37/123. Tex will struggle again and will finish .277/23/100.
4. NFL: The Eagles will win the Super Bowl against the Patriots!
5. The unemployment rate will continue to go down and will finish the year at 7.6%.
6. The Republican primaries will last well into April. Newt will drop out in March and endorse Santorum, while Paul stays in for shits and giggles. The conservative base will ultimately pick Santorum to lead their party against Obama.
7. Due to the improved economic situation, Obama will beat out Santorum in the general election with a popular vote of 52-48.
8. There will be some sort of serious altercation between Iran and Israel.
9. Unfortunately, a massive hurricane will hit the Gulf Coast in August.
10. The world will NOT end on December 21st!